Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Possible reaction to cow's milk

Xander got his second introduction of cow's milk today at school mixed with his usual breast milk. By the time that I picked him up, I noticed a red rash around his neck. Two weeks ago, a sub teacher accidentally gave him straight whole milk one day. That day, he had an even worse rash on his neck. I think it might be an allergic reaction. I'm going to have to check with his doctor next week.

He's been fine with cow's milk cheese of which he eats some almost every day. He's also been fine with whipped cream and milk-based forumla. So, hopefully, this is just a mild thing.

2 comments:

Bryna said...

Awe, poor little allergy prone guy. He didn't react well to peanuts either, right?

Concept ALT said...

Nope, peanuts were even worse. I suppose it could be a lot worse. Most kids grow out of the milk allergy. The peanut allergy has a 20% chance. So, I have hope!