Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm a published author!

Thanks to Dolphin, I'm now a published author. Furthermore, so are all of you who have made comments on this blog. For my up coming birthday, Dolphin created a beautiful hard cover book from the DNA's Digital Diary Blog with the help of Blurb.com. He reduced Xander's first year down to 160 pages, and there was some editing to get it down to that size.

It's a wonderful memento. I can't wait to share it with Xander's prom date some day.
It's a beautiful book, full of great pictures of our little guy along with all the journal entries that I have been entering. It took him a lot of work. In fact, so much work that I was starting to get annoyed how much time he was spending on the computer lately. I didn't know that he was working on this wonderful surprise.

I guess this sets a pretty high standard though. I'm going to have to be as diligent about this blog when our next little one comes a long. It wouldn't be fair to have such a wonderful recording of just one of our kid's lives.

4 comments:

Two Girls said...

Such a nice husband!

margie740 said...

i LIKE THE NEW LOOK and the book of memories sounds great. Yes, Grandma Carla and I are waiting for a little girl !!

Concept ALT said...

You guys are going to have to harass Dolphin about the little girl business...out of my control...gender is decided by Dad's contributions.

Jomomma said...

What a terrific present. Dolphin has always been such a thoughtful gift-giver. He gave me the most wonderful presents when he was young...it seemed he wasn't satisfied unless he saw tears of joy running down my face--which usually happened! Amy, you're a lucky girl...but I'm sure you already know that!

We have LOTS of girls in our family. I was actually kinda surprised that Dolphin was able to make a boy...except that I had predicted a redheaded boy, & that's just what happened! I'm going on record here to predict a blond little girl as Xander's next sibling! :-)