Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Improvement

Just an update that the "More Milk Plus" with fenugreek and some relaxation is really helping with the milk supply. The MMP is rather awful tasting, but it works very fast. I got my 12oz in 4 pumpings as I did before things started to go awry. While I'm pumping I try to think about vacations that I have been on or sing songs in my head. I think the relaxation helps too because it helps me get the 2nd let down.

As a side note, I received a couple of other pieces of advice on this subject:
1) eating oatmeal
2) drinking beer
3) eating more sugar - which was suggested based on Grandpa Tom's experience raising pigs. They would feed sorghum to the pigs to help with milk production.
I think these are all based on the effect that extra polysaccharides have on milk production. I definitely have that covered thanks to my sweet tooth.

2 comments:

Steph said...

interesting about the sugar. i didn't know that. but very glad to hear things are better!!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Glad to hear that you GOT MILK!