Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bloody Toes for Art's Sake

A while back at daycare Xander got to make his first masterpiece. We were very excited to see the pictures Ms. Ashley took, but she kept forgetting to send them when she was at the computer. When she finally did get them out after the winter break, Xander's bad daddy forgot to check his email and so we didn't get to seem them for another few weeks.

I don't know if I woulda picked red paint (it looks a little bit too much like evidence of deplorable conditions in Austin Childcare), but it is certainly cute and a creative was to let Xander take part in the finger painting the older kids were doing.

I asked Xander what he was painting but, as usual, he just laughed and stuck out his tongue at me.

6 comments:

Jomomma said...

Sue & I were laughing about Xander's "blood spatter" art when Jonah came in to look at the picture and said, "Dexter?" Gotta keep that kid away from my dvds...

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

How cute! Michelangelo in the making!

Concept ALT said...

Haha, so where are you in "Dexter" now?

I think it would be cool if Xander were an artist. I would encourage him to get an FA degree, but I'd accept if he chose a life of the starving artist, too. I want to not be a parent who forces their kid into some path they don't want to go. Some friends in college were forced this way and they ended up dropping out, in debt, and picking up nasty drug/alcohol problems.

Jomomma said...

Oh, I am pitifully hooked on Dexter now. I have seen the season one and two DVDs at least 3x, and am on Amazon's email alert waiting list for season three.

Jomomma said...

I was terribly upset that they killed off that gorgeous piece of man-candy, Doakes, though. But, then again, we all knew that Dexter had decided that it was time for Doakes to "go away."

Concept ALT said...

Doakes is pretty hot. Dolphin says it is the Smallville/Superman formula. Anyone that finds out that Superman is Clark Kent has to die so that the secret is safe.