I mentioned previously that Xander was unusually fussy and we didn't know why. Fortunately, he has been a lot happier the past couple of days. I am not sure, but I think some of it may have been my fault.
I didn't realize until I came back to work after the holidays that I was having a sever milk production problem. I went from pumping 3.5-4oz at a time to 1-1.5. This is at the same time that I think Xander is going through a growth spurt. At day care, they had to thaw some frozen milk just to satisfy his need. In addition, he is totally scarfing down the rice cereal that we have introduced.
So, I'm working on the milk production problem. I'm going to give the corporate sponsored lactation consultant a call. I have been pumping like crazy (9 times between 9am and 5pm) to make sure that I have at least as much as I used to even though I know I need more. I am trying to be a human pacifier and make sure Xander is constantly sucking. I hope I can get things going. It is very stressful.
I'm not sure what caused the supply problem really. I know it wasn't the introduction of solids because it started to happen before that. It might be that Xander had loss of appetite while he was sick. It could be the major stress that I have been having at work the past couple of weeks. I did rule out that it is not because I am pregnant again...whew!!!! I definitely am not ready for that.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear you're stressed out at work, Amy, and that the whole low milk production problem is not helping your stress level. Hang in there. I know you're doing all that you can and you're doing really well at it. XOXO.
Thanks for the support, Lynn. Are you maybe thinking about kids soon? :-)
The stress at work definitely sounds rough. i hope you have a good place to pump while at work and are able to relax while doing it. hugs! good luck with getting your supply up. i had supply issues for awhile too-- and just did exactly what you're doing.
Thanks, yes fortunately I have a good place to pump. I have an office with no windows and a mute button on my phone. So, most of the day I'm pumping while on a conference call in my office. Since most of the people that I work with are in other countries or states, they don't even know that I'm pumping.
Post a Comment