Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grandma's Blog

Hey Grandma Carla has a blog. She posted about a quilt that she made for Xander. Here is a picture of him laying on the quilt.

He's in a new Oshkosh B'Gosh outfit. I have a little soft-spot in my heart for Oshkosh B'Gosh clothing since I used to live in Oshkosh, WI where the company started. I remember going on a field trip to visit the design shop in elementary school. I recently learned two disappointing things though. First, Oshkosh B'Gosh is now owned by Carter's--probably the biggest childrens clothing corporation. Second, the clothing is made in China. So, much for small town business and childhood memories!

4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That is so sad about Oshkosh B'Gosh! I remember how cute you used to look in your bibs. It was a great little factory in a great little town. Xander looks very happy you can tell he is feeling better. Just think someday, you can point to the embroidered blocks and he will say the words. Isn't it all such a miracle!

Steph said...

I lived in wisconsin for six years and while i knew plenty of people from oshkosh i never really made the connection between oshkosh b'gosh and oshkosh, wi! how funny. and sad that it has lost its family connection.

margie740 said...

I'm certainly enjoying you Blog.
As far as nursing I was a failure! But I tried and developed mastitis and had to be hospitalized. Cal had to take care of Sam.........he did a good job and all turned OK. After that I put Sam on the bottle and he slept!

Concept ALT said...

Grandma! You figured out how to leave comments. That's great!

Steph, where did you live in WI?