Saturday, December 31, 2011

Proto-toddler

Aria is getting to be such a big girl. I swear her head grew since yesterday, and that's not just because I couldn't fit another 18month size shirt neck hole over it. Every time she has a growth spurt, I always seem to notice it in the head first.

In addition to shear size, she is just learning in leaps and bounds. She's learned to wave bye-bye or night-night. It mostly looks like her just stretching out her arm with an occasional full arm flap, but she's trying.

She's starting a few, very short attempts of free standing. It took me a few tries because it doesn't last very long, but I did catch a picture of it. She is a bit more cautious than her bigger brother when he learned to stand. She tends to stand next to things so that she doesn't fall all the way down. Xander was atypical (or at least his teacher's told us that). He first attempts at standing were in the middle of the room.


Also, very rarely, if highly motivate by something really interesting, Aria has been caught with a bit of cruising. I caught a few steps here on video. In this case, the motivation was Xander acting like a crazy person.

No comments: