I'm learning that baby proofing is entirely more essential with two kids compared to just one. With one kid, you can watch them like a hawk and generally keep them safe. However, with two kids going in opposite directions, it's a seemingly impossible task.
Moreover, with kids of different ages, there are a lot more choking hazards around. By the time we survive this period, Xander is going to be an expert on baby choking hazards. I'm constantly telling him "Keep that away from Aria. She'll choke on that." Fortunately, one of his favorite activities seems to be "keep away from Aria" so he's generally obliged to help.
There is just something about my kids that makes them drawn to electrical hazards. For Xander, he just loved outlets. He still does. He just loves plugging stuff in. I suppose there is something a little satisfying about how a plug fits perfectly into an outlet. Aria is just as troublesome thus far. She just seems fascinated with electrical chords. The other day she was flossing with the chord of a video game controller. She, of course, has her eyes on the lights and garland of the Christmas tree.
So, while Xander survived just fine without ever using a play pen, the joovy play pen is coming in really handy to keep Aria safe. She doesn't really always like being in there because its separate from everyone else. It is at least a safe place that I can put here if I need to leave the room temporarily. It also keeps her toys in a relatively confined space.
1 comment:
It's a difficult task, but it sounds like you're on top of it, Mama!
Post a Comment