Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Preparations

I did not do much in the way of Christmas preparing this year compared to some years in the past. I did have one day off with the kids to do a few last minute preparations.

Last year, we did all sorts of homemade cards for various people. This year, I was only able to get Xander to do one. Why? Let's just say we had creative differences in that I wanted him to make cards for people, and he wanted to cut random shapes of paper. He's just obsessed with cutter paper these days. For daddy, though, he did agree to make a card. Yay! We all know daddy is the best and most deserving.


Santa apparently deserved some of our attention as well. After going to two stores, I finally found some pre-made sugar cookie dough to make something for Santa. If it weren't for the artistic experience, I think Santa would have probably preferred a different kind of cookies. In any case, Xander helped with the whole process while Aria mostly chewed on the cookie cutters.

Cookie Cutting


Cookie Frosting


End Result


My Cookies

No comments: