Friday, July 1, 2011

Sianara friend

So, one of Xander's "friends" at school moved away this week. The teachers let us know that it was the little boy's last day. At the end of the day,I asked Xander if he was going to miss his friend. He told me "No, that makes me happy."

Of course, I was surprised by his response. I asked Xander why this was because missing a friend makes me sad. He told me "Because...because...he's leaving and we get cupcakes." Apparently, the boy's mom had brought in cupcakes for his last day. Well, at least we know what's really important.

I explained to Xander that he wouldn't get to play with the boy at school anymore. I told him again that if I missed a friend I would be sad. I wasn't trying to upset Xander, but was just trying to see if he understood. He told me "I'm not sad. Allison[another friend] is coming back tomorrow."

I guess I should be relieved that he isn't upset, but I'm worried it just hasn't hit him yet. Fortunately, his friend Allison and Celeste are still around. I got a report from his teacher that he and Celeste were playing very nicely and considerately with each other today. Maybe Xander is just happy to have his lady friends all to himself...haha.

1 comment:

Two Girls said...

Life of an almost 3 year old...perfect.