Aria had her 4 month doctor's check up today. As usual, they measured her to make sure she was growing ok. She's 25 inches long (75th percentile), 17lbs 11 oz (95th percentile) with a head circumference of 42cm (75th percentile). You can see how she compares to Xander at the same age by looking back at his 4 month blog post. Boys and girls are slightly different, usually bigger.
I also confirmed today that Aria, like Xander, is prone to some eczema. She has it on her ankles and behind her knees. It's been there since was born but its bad enough now to treat it. She also has dry skin all over which I have to treat with aquaphor. Fortunately, the same miracle steroid cream that works on eczema outbreaks for Xander can be used on Aria. I didn't even need to go to the pharmacy.
The doctor wasn't thrilled that Aria still wakes up a lot at night (every 3 to 4 hours), but she also wasn't too worried about it. I looked back and old 4-6 months blog posts about Xander sleep (started this blog when he was 3 months old). He was such a terrible sleeper in comparison. This is probably because he was sick a lot at that age...starting day care during flu season is a SUPER BAD IDEA!
Everything else with Aria was great. She made smiles at everyone, nurses, doctors. She got three immunizations and cried a little, but was generally brave.
The only bad thing about the visit? Well, as soon as I got home, Xander broke out with a 102.7 fever, throwing up, and lethargy. Had he presented some symptoms an hour earlier at Aria's appointment, we would have had an expert pediatric opinion. Oh well, it's probably some random childhood virus that she couldn't do anything about anyway.
2 comments:
Sounds so healthy! Yay! It appears we have kiddos on each end of the percentile chart. Funny! Interesting that there was a concern about sleeing through the night. She's breastfed and can digest that so much easier and faster. She is growing and gets hungry. My ped wasn't worried until 12 months. Interesting to see the different practices from different docs. (If she's getting close to sleeping through the night, you are lucky! Paige didn't do it until 10 months and Hailey not til 14 months when I finally introduced formula to each.) Poor Xander! I hope he's better for the weekend.
Glad to hear that Aria had a good report. Your kids must take after your Dad, Amy, as he had skin problems, too, so I always rubbed him down with lotions or something
Post a Comment