Thursday, February 10, 2011

Xander Bug's bug

My little bug has a bug. Because he's had a fever since Tuesday, I took him in to see the doctor. She tested him for flu and strep, both which has already had this winter, and the results were negative. So, he's just got some other viral respiratory thing on the verge of an ear infection.

Despite feeling sick, Xander was such a good boy at the doctors office. On the drive over, I explained all the stuff the doctor was going to do so he'd be prepared. He followed all of her instructions: weighed (31.2lbs)/measured (36"), deep breaths, mouth examination, and swabbing.

While we were waiting for the results of the swab test, I thanked him for doing such a good job at following the directions. Then, I asked him if he wanted to be a doctor when he grew up. As he thought about it, I also threw in "teacher" and "software engineer" into the mix. In the end, he decided that doctor would be best. Sounds good to me, he can be my health care plan when I retire. What does the world need with one more software engineer (like mommy and daddy) anyway!

1 comment:

Two Girls said...

So rough! I'm so sick of kids being sick. (I think we're finally on the mend here, but don't want to jinx it, so I won't say for sure. 6 weeks!)

Anyway, a doctor sounds good. Have you started the tuition savings account? Lot's of $, but worth it. Tell him he has to be nice to the nurses and dietitians though. :)