Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy Belated Mother's Day

I'm a bit slow on posting these days.  On Monday, a product that I have been working on for 3 years will GA (become generally available).  The product was the work of thousands of contributors so there is intense pressure to make sure it goes out on time with great quality. Fortunately, last weekend was quiet enough from work that I was able to celebrate Mother's Day with my family.

Dolphin commissioned this drawing for me from one of his coworkers (nice to work with a bunch of artists).  It was supposed to be a picture of both kids, but you know artists?  I guess they don't like to take or follow direction as well as engineers.  I love it anyway.  It's a drawing from a photo when Xander first got to hold Aria.


In the morning, Dolphin got up with the kids so I could sleep in.  I woke up and found them all to be eating breakfast.  Xander yelled "We're eating monkies!"  There was monkey bread and a mimosa for me (NOT for the kids).  Yum!

After breakfast, things got a little touchy.  Dolphin went to take a shower and the kids decide to remind me of the true meaning over motherhood.  Xander was upset because I wouldn't draw pictures for him without him trying first, and Aria was upset because I made her come inside.  They both were having meltdowns simultaneously.  Thanks kids!

The day did get better as we had lunch out, some shopping, and some play grounding.  Xander's still wondering when Brother's Day is though.

1 comment:

Jomomma said...

"Brother's Day!" How cute...leave it to Xander!!