Xander's Aunt Kristin got him a Marvel "Wizard of Oz" hardback comic book for Christmas. He really enjoys reading it with DADDY. I have a really hard time reading comic books as the text is jumping all around on the page and the font is non-standard. I try to avoid reading them and prefer regular books. In any case, Daddy and Xander finished reading the ending this week so Dolphin downloaded the HD version of movie for Xander to watch. Who knew they could make such an old movie HD?
Xander's first reaction in the beginning was that he didn't like it because everything was brown. I guess in the HD version they made it brown and white instead of black and white. We reassured him that as soon as Dorothy gets to Oz, it's going to be colorful. He was relieved to see the colors. He seemed to really enjoy the movie and recognize the main characters and plot from the book.
Apparently, there is a sequel comic book so that may be next on Xander and Daddy's roster.
1 comment:
My funny Oz story: When I first started watching "Wizard of Oz" (it used to be televised once a year around Easter)all we had was a B&W tv. What a surprise to find out that Munchkinland was in color after we got our 1st color tv!!
Post a Comment