For over a year and a half, Xander has had no pacifier during the day time. However, we still let him have it at night. He would suck it to fall a sleep at night for a little bit and briefly when he woke up in the morning. As soon as he was out of bed, he'd put it away. Just last month, he chewed up his last bink, and he doesn't like them when they are chewed up. It's been rather uneventful change for him. Today, we were reading a book and he told me binks were yucky. Yay, I think that seals the deal.
Aria is still using her pacifier for naps and bed time. She just doesn't seem to have the need for sucking like Xander though. She's just not into nursing or pacifier for comfort. I am suspecting she will wean early despite all my attempts to keep things going. It's almost impossible to nurse her anywhere but in her room, in complete silence, while she is both tired and thirsty. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I'll have some more independence earlier, but I really do enjoy that special time with my baby.
1 comment:
Soooo jealous! I don't know how I'm going to break Paige. I think I'm just going to have to be a mean mama and take it away. Ugh. Aria may surprize you...don't give up, if you love it. :)
Post a Comment