Dressed in her older brother's old clothes, Aria takes a turn with the XBox controller. When she found these, she quickly figured out banging certain buttons would make LED light up on the controller. Maybe she'll be a good gamer like dada some day. Even though, she's not quite ready for video games, she is quite the PLAYER of PLAYING these days. She wants to explore everything and is pretty fearless about adventuring out of the room to go check something out. I'm constantly in chase mode. She loves to find little bits of things (leaves, lint, paper), hold it up in the air for me to see. I say "yucky", she laughs and then jams it in her mouth. Then, I run over to fish the crumb out. She's brave also. I was holding her brother upside-down and walking around. As soon as I put him down, she crawled over and put her arms up for me to pick her up for a ride. Of course, I didn't hold her by her feet, but I did swing her upside-down while supported in my arms, which she loved.
Aria just loves playing with her brother, too. Most of the time he reciprocates except when he's concentrating very hard. Of course, whatever toy he has suddenly is the most interesting toy in the room. Having her in the same room while Xander plays Lego Duplos is quite an adventure. He tries to build something, she tries to grab pieces off of it, and the structure crashes to the ground. Xander is slowly learning to move away when Aria-zilla comes near. The reserve is true as well. If Aria has a toy, suddenly Xander feels the need to take it an play with it as if to show off he knows how to play with it "properly". Let the sibling battles begin.
1 comment:
Holy cow, your kids are so adorable! The tubes will make Aria's little ears feel so much better! Good longer-term solution. A very happy belated New Year from Alaska--you all look and sound like you are doing fantastic--cheers! Sarah
Post a Comment