Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bean Counter

I've noticed lately that Xander just LOVES counting. What's great is that it is entertainment that we can do anywhere! If there is a group of identical items (crackers, shapes, etc.), he'll ask "how many are there?" I'll reply with "why don't you count them to find out." Then, he counts them by pointing at each one and gets excited because he knows the answer to the question "how many". Then, he grab different amounts of the object and do the same thing over and over again. He's pretty decent at counting to about 8...after that, he sort of gets lazy or has difficulty keeping his place counting.

It's just a little humorous that my Xander-Bean (Bean is his nickname from when he was an infant) likes to count. Just a little more practice, and I'll have him do my taxes for me.

2 comments:

Jomomma said...

Has my grand-bean how many fingers he will be tomorrow?!

Jomomma said...

omitted "figured"...!