
After the haircut:

There are rarely moments where I wish that I had to be at work more. However, today was one of those days that I wish I had been at work instead of vacation. Xander's 2nd haircut did not go an smoothly as his first.
He really was ok being at the hair salon because they had some cool toys to look at and play with. However, he made it verbally clear that he did not want to get his haircut. I really should've given up. I mean a haircut is not worth fighting about. However, for some dumb reason, I decided that we were going to continue with the haircut despite his tantrum.
In the end, it took 4 adults to get the job. Well, really just 3 and another adult who tried futilely to distract Xander with movies, candy, balloons, and bubbles. I had the task of using all my upper body strength to hold him in the chair. Another lady, held his head, and a 3rd somehow managed to cut his hair despite the constant wriggling and screaming.
Unfortunately, the end of the haircut didn't really end the battle. Immediately, Xander wanted to back to playing with the toy he had been playing with, but there was another girl playing with it. So, I managed to pay the bill with him screaming and trying to get to the toy. Then, he continued to scream outside, and in the car. After 15 more minutes of screaming in the car, I got him into his car seat so that we could go home.
Of course, once he was home, he was perfectly happy and fine. It really, really wasn't worth the battle. I fail to see any life lessons learned today. Next time, Daddy is going to have to take him to get his haircut because I'm not doing it again.
2 comments:
This sounds awful. But better than mullet-hair, I suppose! :)
WoW. Haven't attempted this with Paige yet. Sounds like Xander may become a long haired hippee. Cool. :)
Post a Comment