As I am about to enter into my 3rd trimester, I'm definitely feeling very pregnant. Some of the stranger things that have been happening:
- I crave hamburgers. I never eat them. I never crave them. Dolphin wondered if I had been attacked by body-snatchers. [BTW, so far this time, no craving for almond extract flavored food, which is the one that I had with Xander].
- I'm starting to forget random stuff. The other day, I couldn't remember where I had hidden some of the Christmas presents just 2 days after I had hid them. Doh! I eventually did find them for Xander's and Dolphin's sakes.
- My sleep schedule is all screwed up. I fall asleep early and get up early.
- I'm have lots of episodes of unusually intense emotions.
For the most part, I'm doing ok and not sick of being pregnant quite yet. I am guessing, I'll probably hit that in about 4-6 weeks.
2 comments:
Pregnancy brain is real. The new hormones take over so much that we tend to forget things. Those homrones also go into the joints "preparing" the body for delivery, so you can feel wabbly and have the "dropsies." Take it all in...and USE the excuse for EVERYTHING. Enjoy! (I'm getting so excited, can hardly believe how fast it's going!)
Almond extract flavoring has to be one of the odder pregnancy cravings I've heard!
BTW--although your hormones DO shift the way you think, I've never liked the implications of the term "pregnancy brain." It suggests you are ditzy--but actually, your brain is doing amazing work when you're pregnant. You are feeding two people and creating a life. And you mentally preparing to take care of that life! Your brain is doing a lot of work right now!
Post a Comment