Xander, quite possibly, has the most toys of any kid that I have ever seen. We have so many gifted and hand-me-down toys. It's insane and really a hazard! I've heard those stories of hoarders dying under piles of collapsed debris. I am choosing not to die by means of toy suffocation. So, while Xander was away at school one day, I went through all of his toys. Some, I moved to his sister's closet. Some are going to goodwill. I tried to organize and find storage spaces for everything else.

Here's the new Spiderman bed with the most favorite stuffed animals.

I put together this new closet organizer. I think Xander liked it because they have similiar storage at school. He even attempted to find the "right" place to put away some toys last night. It's hard to remember which space is for which toy so maybe I should label them with pictures.

So, wish us luck. Hopefully, we can keep this place clean and organized. That is a big wish, I know.
4 comments:
An admirable attempt, Mama Amy...hope it takes hold! I think Xander has a neatness gene in him somewhere (remember when he put the broom back in its proper place after I had not?). So maybe the closet organizer will interest him.
I organized Jonah's toys in plastic shoeboxes with the contents' pictures on the outside (a trick I also learned from his pre-school) and it worked...a little! But the best method to avoid death by toy-clutter is to do just what you did: spiriting the excess away while the unsuspecting child is gone!!
I apologize for my part in the toy conspiracy...you KNOW we can't help ourselves!
I think Xander got that neatness thing from school. He certainly didn't get it from Dolphin or me. :-)
I'm trying to do the same thing too this weekend! My only thoughts are what if Hailey wants to play with some of them? Paige has sooo many, especialy that she never played with. I find it interesting that the ones that makes noise or light up are those that she stayed away from. But like I said, I'm skeptical to rid them yet becuase Hailey might like them. Ugh. Anyway, love the orgainzer. Good job Mama!
Wanna know something crazy? This is the last post that I've seen until just a few days ago. I had saved your blog on my desktop & assumed that new posts would migrate there. Since I hadn't seen any new ones, I just kinda figured you were tired of blogging & just opting for FB. Imagine my delight at finding 3 months of posts to catch up on!!! YIPPEE!
Post a Comment