However, this week, for some reason, he had taken to going to bed on the floor. So, we figured, if he really didn't like his toddler bed that much (that he preferred the floor), what a great time for the transition to the new bed. So, I kept Xander occupied while Daddy moved everything.
Xander's first reaction to the bed was one of excitement. He got his own stool so that he could climb up into himself. He was jumping on it, and excited to be almost able to reach the light switch. I showed him how we could read books on the bed together and how the dogs could get up the bed. We also piled all of his animals on the bed and was nice that there was still plenty of room.
Next, I went to go get some sheets to put on and realized that, unlike I had thought, I didn't have any twin size sheets in the linen closet. So, that is when present two came in. Sorry, Grandma and Grandpa, we had to open the spiderman sheets early. Xander was absolutely crazed about the Spiderman sheets. I could barely get them on fast enough for him. He had to show them off to Dolphin of course. The excitement of the Spiderman sheets made it a little hard to get him to sleep. He just kept sitting up, and looking down at the spiderman pictures and smiling.
I dared to sneak a picture after he had fallen asleep. I wasn't too brave or I would have gotten a better picture from a nosier, yet better low-light camera. He was happily snoring away finally. He's curled up with his banana that his cousin won for him at the Texas State Fair.
Hopefully, he continues to enjoy his new bed and sheets. For mommy and daddy, hopefully, we can hold of on Christmas just one more week.
2 comments:
Glad you love the sheets Xander! Just so you know your Uncle Chris and Mommy never made it to Christmaswhe it came to opening gifts. We often opened presents early because we would travel to grandparents house on Christmas, so I guess it is just a family tradition now.
AWESOME! I'm so glad the transistion went well. Yippee! Spidey did work. Yay!
Post a Comment