Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cookiebread house

Grandma, Xander, and I made this Gingerbread house. Well, it really has no "ginger" in it because Grandpa said he didn't like ginger. Maybe we should just call it a cookie bread house. Xander helped mix the cookie dough and stick gummy bears to the roof. I've never made one of these before and it was kind of fun. It may have to become a tradition because I've already started to have ideas about how I can make it better next time.



4 comments:

Two Girls said...

One of my childhood friends always did it on Thanksgiving too with her family. I'm "friends" with both she and her mother on Facebook and they posted pics of them doing it again this year. I think it's a GREAT thing...it gives the kids something to do (on what really is a boring day) and hones thier creativity and imagination. Plus gives a cute decoration for Christams. I will probably start it next year too. Looks like this house turned out cute!

Concept ALT said...

Thanks, Kristen. Dolphin thinks we should make a castle next year. That sounds hard! Gulp!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Amy you did a great job with design and construction of the actual house, I am sure you can handle the challenge of a making a castle next year.

Thomas Family Tree said...

We did them when I was a kid but they didn't have kits like they do now. We used graham crackers and had to hold them together while the frosting "glue" dried. With using crackers it led to a lot of interesting houses. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for reminding of it. Maybe next year when Declan is a little bigger we will try it.