Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vent

So, now that the news is out about Xander's sibling on the way, I can finally vent in my blog! If you don't want to hear venting, you might not want to read the rest of this.

My sweet little Xander boy was so kind to me during pregnancy. I had no morning sickness, food aversions. I was tired, but had nothing better to do than lay around back then. Everything about being pregnant and becoming a parent was new and exciting. The excitement in planning for a coming baby kept me in smiles in even the toughest times.

This pregnancy has been quite different. First, I am tired again, but I have a 2 year old to take care off who has endless energy. I feel so bad that I could not keep up with him. We've spent entirely too much time watching TV, reading books, and doing things that involved sitting on our butts. Second, I have had terrible morning sickness for about a month, or should I say all day sickness. I have thrown up a few times though usually it is just miserable nausea. I've had all sorts of food aversions. I've also had a lot of headaches, and have been extremely emotional. Headaches and emotional issues are so bad that they are literally interfering with my ability to do my job.

So, I'm REALLY looking forward to the 2nd trimester. Just this past week, I feel that I'm on the verge of change. I was actually able to have energy to clean the kitchen thoroughly, which I haven't been able to do in over a month. I started to like some of my favorite foods again like Pei Wei Vietnamese Chicken Salad Rolls. I think I'm gradually starting to have some of that chill-hormone effect kicking in so I can deal with stress a lot better.

8 comments:

Two Girls said...

Oh Babe. You sound like me. I was TIRED my entire pregnancy with Hailey. Poor Paige, she really did suffer and so did the house. I didn't have the food adversions, but smells, oh goodness. Yuck. You'll get through it. I do have to say it was an entirely different experience the second time around. Good thing I did my research so well the first time! No time now for such things. Feel better, rest, stay healthy and let Dolphin work with Xander. (I'd opt for a housecleaner if you can fit in in your budget. Worth every cent!) Every pregnancy is different, but goodness does the second have to be so tiring?! You're in my thoughts.

DT said...

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time :(

I have a colleague who swears bad sickness = little girl

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree with Kristen, call on Dolphin to help with Xander a bit more. I know you are a I can do it all type of person, but I am sure that Dolphin is more than willing to give you some much needed breaks and support! Pregnancy takes a lot out of you, and you need to be sure to take care of yourself. Love the thought that bad sickness equals a little girl, although boys are alright too!

Concept ALT said...

Kristen, that is so true on the research part. Definitely no time for that. It is nice not to be anxious about every little thing. At least this time I have some idea of what I'm in for.

Dave, that would be pretty cool...and make it worth it.

Thomas Family Tree said...

I hope you do feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything.

Two Girls said...

Well I can vouch for the very nausous part creating a little girl...I got two and was VERY sick and TIRED for both pregnancies. Perhaps those X swimmers made it first?! Whatever gender, I just wish for health.

Steph said...

i hope you are feeling better!!!!! my 2nd pregnancy was totally different from my first. the weirdest thing was that with my first, i was sick a lot at the very end. with my second, i felt AWESOME right up until i delivered. i'll hope that happens to you, too!!!

how is it going now?

Concept ALT said...

Oh my...sick at the end of pregnancy sounds even worse!

I am feeling better. I still get more tired that usual. I also need to be careful of what I eat, but I think things are generally under control. Fingers crossed that things stay at least this good.