Monday, September 27, 2010

I Want Candy

A conversation from the car today:

Xander whispers very quietly: Can I have some candy, mommy?
Me: What do you want? I didn't hear you.
Xander whispers: I want candy.
Me: No, we don't have any candy.
Xander yells: I WANT CANDY.
Me: No, you don't need candy before dinner. Candy is a once-in-a-while food.
Xander yells: I WANT CANDY. I WANT CANDY. I WANT CANDY.
Me: I know you want candy. I do too, but you can't have any candy.
Xander yells: I WANT CANDY. I WANT CANDY. I WANT CANDY.
Me: No, you can't have any candy because MOMMY SAYS SO.
Xander: [Silence]

How long do you think that "Mommy says so" thing will work?

2 comments:

Two Girls said...

Wow. You're good. I give in...if she asks for ANY kind of food I give it to her. 5% for weight will make me do that.

Thomas Family Tree said...

I plan on using the "Mommy says so" very often. Remember your the mommy and the boss.