His cake this year was a Minecraft cake. Dolphin had the idea of using rice crispe treats. I'm not particularly found of the rice crispe treats and making this cake made me even less so. The cake is made of chocolate rice crispe squares for dirt, green frosting for grass, vanilla rice crispe squares for sand, cake dipped in grey colored white chocolate ganache for stone, butterscotch candy for gold, red sprinkles for red stone, rock candy for coal, chocolate truffles and icing for spiders, and blue jello for water. Ugh, too much sugar! I'm glad Xander liked it though.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Happy Birthday to Xander
His cake this year was a Minecraft cake. Dolphin had the idea of using rice crispe treats. I'm not particularly found of the rice crispe treats and making this cake made me even less so. The cake is made of chocolate rice crispe squares for dirt, green frosting for grass, vanilla rice crispe squares for sand, cake dipped in grey colored white chocolate ganache for stone, butterscotch candy for gold, red sprinkles for red stone, rock candy for coal, chocolate truffles and icing for spiders, and blue jello for water. Ugh, too much sugar! I'm glad Xander liked it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great day for a party! Lots of thought into that cake, SuperMama! Nice job. :) He looks really happy. Love the tresure hunt idea. :) Happy Day Xander.
Great cake!!! Treasure hunts are really fun...for everyone, aren't they? (love the anxious pooter-eyes waiting for the crumbs, too...)
Post a Comment