It's so hard to believe that my little baby girl is now a toddler. We celebrated her birthday this weekend, a little earlier than her actual birthday. In the above video, we sang for Aria and presented her with her cake. You can tell she is the attention starved 2nd child as you see the look of bewilderment for all the attention she is getting at snack time. She wasn't huge cake smasher, just a few finger pokes in the frosting.
I made the cake with a white cake mix that I flavored with rose extract. Then, I frosted it with vanilla butter cream. I mixed red food coloring, white http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifchocolate and a little milk to make a ganache to poor over it. I didn't follow a recipe for the ganche so it was a bit too thick. Lesson learned! Then, made frosting roses. I was running out of frosting or I would have covered the whole cake.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
For everyone else, I made these gigantic cupcakes. We all could have just shared one of them. Way too much sweet!

Here's one of Aria's presents. Her name is Andy and she comes from Rag Doll Rising, and Etsy find.
Xander picked out this giant pink ball and Aria just loves it. As expected, she loved the little Duplo many that came with her Lego Duplos. She absolutely loves the little Duplo people in Xander's set and Xander's Imaginext Batman and Robin. I almost bought her the "people of the world" Duplos since she loves the little plastic people so much, but they are a little too small/choking hazard for her.
3 comments:
I love it! Such a good mama! Those cakes are beautiful. The roses really look like roses! Yay You! The doll is adorable too. (May have to look at that for Hailey. Although I've already done most of her bday shopping.) Love the video and her reaction to the singing and what everyone is doing. So observant. :) Happy Birthday little one! Hope your next year is filled with even more growth and learning.
Yay! Aria finally has "numbers," as Jonah would say. And all the attention truly rendered her speechless...how adorable! Loved X's comment about having cake...after cupcakes...HA!
Can't believe how shy she was! Maybe she's not a "sweet" person. Loved hearing Xander talking as I've heard what a great conversationalist he is. Anway thanks for a great video!
Post a Comment