Monday, February 6, 2012

Vocal Adrenaline

Not just a fictional high school show choir anymore, vocal adrenaline seems to be the shots that Aria has been receiving lately. Her babbling occasionally sounding more and more likes words these days. A couple of her words:

1) "Dada" is a really good one...very clear and just for Daddy. "Mama", although usually pronounced "Mamamamamama" is also very good, too. One night this week, I heard over the baby monitor very clearly her calling Mama for her nighttime nursing. Mama tends to come out when she is sad and Dada, when she is happy. Go figure!

2) "Ball" is one that surprised me. I was holding her at a restaurant that had spherical light fixtures with Christmas ornaments hanging from them. All of a sudden, she pointed at one and yelled out "Bah" with such a voice of self-pleasure. Then, we had to point at all the other "Bah"s.

3) "Bye" was another surprise also. She's been waving good bye for some time. She through in a "Bah-ee". Her teacher looked at me and said "Did she just say that?" Yep she did. I haven't gotten her to say night-night yet, but she always waves nigh-nigh to Daddy. Although, tonight she blew him kisses, too. Daddy gets all the love!

4) She still does an "Ada" for all done, but mostly just uses the sign without any noise.

5) "Da"--can you guess what that one is? Dog. It's a popular word around our house.


So, those are the noises I've noticed. She's understanding more even when she can't really vocalize. It's such a thrill!

1 comment:

margie740 said...

Love the stories....now I would like to hear her!!