Dolphin attended a parent teacher conference today for Xander. I was a bit nervous how it would go. As I pick the kids up every day, I get all of the little notes about Xander's behavior. He's had a few check marks lately so I was worried they were going to tell us Xander was getting into too much trouble. After the conference, which lasted a good hour, Dolphin reported that things were great and my worrying was for nothing.
Some of the things to note:
1) Xander participates really well in learning activities. He's always engaged and asking questions.
2) His best friend is Auggie, which we already knew. However, when Auggie is out sick, Xander plays fine with other friends, too. We know he's also very fond of Ryder and Dylan. I asked Xander once what he likes so much about Auggie. He says that Auggie likes to play pretend, which is Xander's favorite thing to do.
3) Xander's a bit of a stickler about the rules. Can you say "control freak"? He likes to enforce the rules on his class mates. Apparently, he's been doing the door warden job at school (keeping kids away from the door) very enthusiastically lately...almost too enthusiastically. I'm reminded of this as Xander is always trying to preach to me about "the rules."
Some areas of improvement:
1) He's a super fast eater so that he can get to playing faster. He needs to work on asking to leave the table.
2) He has a hard time being quiet at nap time. He doesn't much need a nap these days, but does need some quiet time. It's really hard for him to do. The teacher is looking at giving each kid a nap time toy bag that they can only have at nap time to help them keep quiet for the kids who do want to nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment