Saturday, May 21, 2011

The next step

Xander really is doing well on the potty. No accidents and he's in underwear during his nap, too. The next step is nighttime training. I'm a bit nervous about this because we have enough sleep disturbances in this house. Any advice for us?

Xander had been dry in the morning for a serveral days in a row. Last night, I strategically placed the baby gate so that Xander could get to the bathroom, but still not find his way into our bedroom (which is why we have the gate up). Dolphin found him in the morning, naked from the bottom down. He had gone to the bathroom all by himself. Of course, he didn't put the diaper back on, but hey, diapers aren't made to be put on by yourself. Does that sound like he might be ready?

I have a water proof mattress cover on his bed. Of course, Xander sometimes migrates to the floor to sleep. I guess my new steam cleaner will come in handy if there is an accident on those nights.

3 comments:

Jomomma said...

This all sounds so familiar...only I'm doing it with my mom now! If I make sure she goes potty before she goes to bed, & first thing in the morning, we can avoid the accidents. (I, too, have a waterproof mattress cover...)

Two Girls said...

Wow! This is awesome news! We gotta cut the supplemnet milk for Paige before bed for this to happen. I'm working on it. She just doesn't eat! But so happy for Xander. Really, really good news.

Jomomma~ I think about the way life is sometimes. Especially when my youngest who is 13 mos likes to hand feed me from her high chair. I think, one day, this may be for real. Life is an amazing and strange journey. Love to your Mama.

Concept ALT said...

The circle of life for sure!