Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Persistent

About a month ago, when Xander moved up to the toddler class, the teachers did a transition meeting with us. During that meeting, they asked some questions about Xander. At one point, they asked us to describe Xander's personality in 3 words. I remember that one of the words that I used was "persistent".

Today, I received this little note about Xander from one of his teachers, Ms. Izzy:
"I think Xander is the most determined toddler that I have every met. He is not deterred and will just to find another way to what wants."

Yes, that's my boy. I don't know if "determination" is what all toddlers go through, but it is certainly a trait he is exhibiting now. It is very challenging to distract him away from things he shouldn't get into. Even if we take him out of the room, he will go right back to the thing we take him away from.

Another story from one of Xander's teacher's today comes from Ms. Becky. She told me that during nap-time, she was watching to make sure all the kids went to sleep. Xander's eyes were just nearly closed and everyone else was snoozing. So, she turned around to work on somethings. The next she hears is Xander in the bathroom playing with the water in the sink. He's smart enough to know not to get up until Ms. Becky's not looking. Sneaky, sneaky.



As a side note, I have to admit to how I answered the same personality question when Xander first started day care at 3 months. It's SO bad, but one of the words I used was "boring." It was kind of a joke, but back then Xander didn't DO much of anything. I think was tired of being a maternity leave, you think? I know, it's a terrible thing for a mother to say. Anyhow, he's not boring now!

1 comment:

Two Girls said...

Yeah, NEVER a boring moment anymore!