Friday, July 10, 2009

Walking

Xander is getting so good at walking. He is walking across rooms. Staying up even though the dogs that weigh 3 to 4 times his own weight brush by him. He is walking outside on different textures. His most recent challenge was walking up hill in the grass. There were many falls but he finally made it up the small hill. Yay, Xander!

I guess we're going to breakdown soon and start putting him some shoes once in a while. I like my little barefoot boy, but I think he needs some practice with shoes on, too. Fortunately, we have a long summer ahead of us still.

5 comments:

Two Girls said...

Robeez! (Or "faux" robeez that are less expensive.) They protect their feet but still give them that barefoot feel. However, I must say, I did look at Striderite today. :)

margie740 said...

Way to go, Xander....how about a video? And by the way, we only live about 2 hours from the Nashville airport?!?

Jomomma said...

This was the first real shoe we got for Jonah when he was learning to walk...note: the "squeaky" part comes OUT so parents can regain their sanity...!

http://www.comfykid.com/Pipsqueaks.htm

Concept ALT said...

Thanks for the shoe recommendations! We may need them soon. Xander this weekend switched from preferring crawling to primarily walking.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Buying shoes for little ones is not fun. Both you and Christopher required wide widths. Those flintstone feet are hard to fit sometimes. I always ended up with striderites. I am sure there are more options out there now days.