Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Feeding John

We have this head statue that Dolphin's mom made. I think it is supposed to be a Beatle, maybe John Lennon? I put in on a lower shelf. It's really heavy. I could just imagine Xander bumping the shelf and it falling on his head. So, the lower shelf seemed safer to me. Yesterday, Xander tried to feed cheerios to the John head. It was pretty cute.

I wonder if I should get Xander a baby doll for his first birthday. Maybe he would want to feed a baby some cheerios. It might be a handy teaching tool to help to teach him to be gentle and nurturing.

4 comments:

Jomomma said...

It's so funny you think it was supposed to be John! I think I made it before I was into the Beatles, but John was always my favorite Beatle. I remember putting the "Beatle" haircut on it "cuz I thought it looked cool...& maybe to piss off my art teacher a little... I think I just made it to look like a "cute boy" that I would want for a pre-teen crush!

Do get Xander a doll that he could interact with. I was always a bit of a tomboy when I was little (now too, I guess...) & was never into dolls that much, but I do remember having fun with dolls that I could pretend to take care of. My favorite was a doll that I could pretend to take care of when she was hurt: it came with a cast to put on her arm, bandaids for owies, & even stick-on dots to pretend she had chicken pox!

Anyway, there are plenty of options for dolls for boys these days--doesn't have to be a G.I. Joe anymore. I'll bet there are some good ones at that toy store I always go to when I am there...Tetra Toys?

Two Girls said...

Cute! Paige feeds everyone Cheerios too. Even the dog. So sweet. What you you getting him for his bday? I'm debating between a wagon, rocking horse and an easal.

Concept ALT said...

Haha...I like Paul better. I think a doctor playing doll sounds cool too.

Kristen, those give ideas sound really great. We're undecided on the birthday gift, but I think we are going to do strawberry shortcake for dessert. Xander really likes strawberries.

Two Girls said...

Oh, I'm doing the real smash bday cake thing. She'll probably get an allergy, just because I havn't given her anything that causes allergies yet. But it's so darn cute! And I want the pictures. Such a bad mommy. :)