Monday, December 10, 2012

Snowflake Lane

The cool thing about living in a major metropolitan area is that there is always something to do.  Of course, coupled with all that activity is the risk that millions of other people will have the same activity on their agendas. 

This weekend, we decided to go to the Belluvue Snowflake Lane event.  It's held every night for the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas outside of the gigantic mall in downtown Bellevue.  Apparently, most of Bellevue had the same idea as traffic was terrible.  In fact, if the Dolphin had been behind the wheel instead of me, we would have given up and turned around just for the traffic.

Parking was no easier than getting there so I dropped Dolphin off with the kids.  The streets were wall to wall people all waiting to see the Snowflake Lane drum core play.  After some amount of searching, I did find parking.  However, it took forever for me to find Dolphin and the kids again.  The whole show was over by the time we found each other.  Dolphin looked quite frazzled as he had to single-handedly keep track of Xander and Aria in a huge crowd of people.

I'm still glad we went to the event.  The music was great and the fake snow (made out of bubbles) very much got me back into the Christmas spirit.  The kids enjoyed the show and Xander liked the holiday candy.  I'm excited to try some of the other holiday events going on this month.

2 comments:

Jomomma said...

That's one of the nice things I remember about living in the Seattle area...there were always so many fun events happening.

Two Girls said...

You're a good mama. :)