Wednesday, July 25, 2012

More on fairytales

Xander has become increasingly demanding in his bedtime stories.  We usually read at least one kindle story and then he asks me for a fairytale.  However, not just ANY fairytale will do.  There's always a laundry list of requirements that must be in the fairytale.  One night, he told me so many requirements that he basically told me the whole story.  The requirements are so long, I'm a bit beyond my creative abilities sometimes.

Here's an example of the lists of things I'm supposed to incorporate into a fairytale:
Numbers
Letters
Fruit
Minecraft
Keys
Treasure boxes
Magic
Animals that turn into people

At the end of my fairytale, he had been asking "is that as long as you could make it?"  However, he has switched to telling me "that is only half of the story, you have to tell me the rest tomorrow."

He's SO demanding, but in truth, I love it.  After a long day of being the boss, I don't mind being bossed around and using a little more creative side of my brain.  Some days, I come up with some pretty good stories, and others I just have to steal from Hans Christian Andersen, Joss Whedon, or JK Rowling.

1 comment:

Jomomma said...

My sister, Jane, used to make up the most wonderful fairytales to tell us at night. One part I remember is that babies came from jewels. I loved those stories. Jane is a science fiction writer now!