OK, I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Xander is on the verge of sleeping longer. Unless my sleepless memory failed me, I think he might have slept for a 5 hours stretch last night from mid-night to 5amish. Sometimes I find it hard to remember exactly when and how often he gets up though. I do everything possible not to really wake myself up. I hope this wasn't a freak event...only time will tell.
Lately, I "think" he has been getting up every 2 to 3.5 hours, eating every 4 hours at night, and comfort in between. We still had a day this week that he was awake every hour, but I think that might have been the peak of his illness. He didn't take good naps that day either, only 15 min. at a time.
I did finally breakdown and read a book on baby sleep called _The No Cry Sleep Solution_ by Elizabeth Pantley. I was trying to avoid too much "advice" about baby sleep and try to be a more intuitive parent about it. The book doesn't really talk about amazing magic bullets. It's mostly pretty obvious advice. What I did like was that it was encouraging. Sometimes, when you are exhausted, and you hear about other perfect angel babies that sleep through the night from birth on, it can be really frustrating.
Hopefully, there is some karma involved with Xander. Maybe I'll be able to sleep better when Xander's a teenager and those perfect angel kids will keep their parents up fretting. Hehehe...
3 comments:
Keep those good thoughts you will need them. He is a boy and he will turn fifteen. Dad will think everything he is does is just fine and mom will fret that her little boy doesn't need her anymore. Be thankful he needs you every couple of hours that will change, he will meet another women.
"Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset..."
I would love to see recent some updates on your baby sleep saga now that the little guy's over a year old!
Post a Comment